Monday, September 21, 2009

Appreciation

I just spent the weekend with a friend who is struggling with custody issues and a difficult situation with her ex-husband's new wife.
Over and over, as I listened to her talk, I couldn't help but think of my own situation, and how often I dismiss the ease with which my life moves forward, because my husband is there to support, take over, tolerate and share the responsibilities of raising our children while still maintaining some level of sanity in our lives.
I am blessed. While I like to think I'm easy to get along with, I imagine I'm a bit of a bear to live with sometimes. My way is always right, you know....
His level of tolerance for my feminine emotional roller coaster is nothing short of miraculous, I'm surprised he hasn't torn my head off from time to time.
I came home determined to tell him how much I appreciate him and share my new insights, and instead, dumped two tired kids and a grumpy wife on our doorstep. He took it all in stride.
Tonight, I will make sure to share with him how I feel. You know, once the appointments done, after the kids are in bed, after my workout, after everything else that gets in the way....maybe I better send him an email right now instead:)

For today, I count my husband, and his patience, as my blessing. Thanks honey, I Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment